It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

move all the requirements out of a folder at one time

renee nelson (781918) | asked Nov 30 '11, 9:23 a.m.
Is there a way that I can move all the requirements out of one folder into another other than selection the check all box with the max of 50 requirements than can move at one time? It is very time comsuming moving 50 at a time when you have over 1,000 requirements for a project.
thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Dec 01 '11, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way that I can move all the requirements out of one folder into another other than selection the check all box with the max of 50 requirements than can move at one time? It is very time comsuming moving 50 at a time when you have over 1,000 requirements for a project.
thanks!

Today the UI really supports the paging of requirements (as you've stated) and listing a max of 50 is how we would be able to identify them and then move them. For the sake of 1000 requirements I respect that this will take you a few minutes to get them all moved but I expect this isn't a frequent action that you're doing every day.

The common use case for a folder is that the requirements are generally static in the folder and don't have to be repositioned that often. We are working on better scaleable methods for the release in 2012. If you have a chance to see the new module concept (in the latest milestone) which will support a different paging model for artifacts in the view then you will get a feel for the improvements to come.

-------------------------------------
Jared Pulham
RRC Product Manager
renee nelson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.