It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Addon issue with IE and Firefox

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Nov 17 '11, 7:35 p.m.
I'm getting the following error
ID CRRRW8002E Information required for the installation was not retrieved from the server.

Security levels are as per the documentation, it is pretty much open to run all ActiveX and Scripts..

The error message doesn't specify whether the server is the local Jazz server or the IBM download server!

4 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Nov 18 '11, 12:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

The RRC Addon is installed from the Jazz server. It does not access an external IBM download server.

One thing we've occasionally seen is that a firewall or anti-virus software can block the download and deployment of the addon. Could that be a possibility in this case?

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Nov 18 '11, 9:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One other suggestion from our development team...

Check to see if you can access the following URL in your browser: https://<host>:<port>/rm/addons/browserAddOnInfo.js

This is the url that is being accessed and generates the error message you are seeing. If you see a firewall or proxy message blocking that url in your browser, that should provide you with the reason it is failing. If you get a 404 error (page not found), then you have a broken installation.

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Nov 18 '11, 11:08 a.m.
Thank you for your replies Stef,

Now the error message is
HTTP Status 403 - CRJZS0040E There is no REST service handler registered for the path "/addons/browserAddOnInfo.js".

Is there soem service that's missing that needs to be installed or started? I didn't set up the server config myself, so I'm not exactly sure how this was configured before I got here

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 21 '11, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you for your replies Stef,

Now the error message is
HTTP Status 403 - CRJZS0040E There is no REST service handler registered for the path "/addons/browserAddOnInfo.js".

Is there soem service that's missing that needs to be installed or started? I didn't set up the server config myself, so I'm not exactly sure how this was configured before I got here

There is this wiki page that might help with your original error.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCConverterTroubleshooting

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.