It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to filter a module (in the module view) by tag?

Matthew Cohen (155) | asked Jun 04 '15, 9:55 a.m.
 Working on a project where we are creating large modules for export to Word.  We would like to also be able to export only segments of those modules to Word so they can be looked over by specific people.  Is this currently possible?  We can't create multiple modules, because of linking issues with modules in RRC.

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 04 '15, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Matthew,

Yes, you can filter a module by a tag.  You can Filter by Tag using and save it as a View on the left pane.  Please see the screenshot below.  I selected tag Release 1 and only one artifact in the module fit the criteria in this scenario.  I then am able to save it as a view using the save icon under the views section in the left pane.

Module Filtered by Tag

For export, you can use the "Generate a Report for this View" option. 

Generate Report for View

I hope this helps.

Comments
Matthew Cohen commented Jun 04 '15, 11:07 a.m.

Hi Erica, are the tags you're filtering on in your screenshots attached to the modules themselves or to the artifacts?  I'm talking about going into a specific module and then filtering out all artifacts that don't have given tags attached.

Thanks,
Matt

Erica Tran commented Jun 04 '15, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Matthew,
The screenshot shows the artifacts within a module.  Here are the steps taken to help clarify.

Steps performed:

• Went to Modules > Browse Modules and selected Module 1195.
  • The default view displays 51 artifacts within this module.
  • On the left pane, I selected the filter for "Release 1", which then results in 1 artifact displayed.
  • Saved the view using the save icon under the Views section in the left pane.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.