It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone tried to install WebSphere Portlet Factory into RTC

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jul 04 '08, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I have RTC 1.0 installed and working. I have tried installing WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1 (latest version) into RTC. Installation was fine - no errors - but I don't have access to any of the WPF capabilities. I checked the Help->Software Update->Manage Configuration and the WPF bits are there and no errors reported.

I also tried an eclipse -clean.

Anyone else tried this? Any other suggestions on what to try to activate the WPF capabilities?

thanks

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 09 '08, 8:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you checked the eclipse runtime log for any errors? You can see the errors in the <workspace>/.metadata/.log file.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 09 '08, 2:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No errors I can see - actually, I just checked the RTC logs, I should be checking the WPF logs too.

One of my colleagues found a workaround - they used a base Eclipse 3.3.2 install, then put on WPF 6.1 using the standard installation programme that ships with WPF then install RTC as a plugin to Eclipse. This all seems to install properly.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.