It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collection Jobs Error

Vimalesh Surendiren (1622) | asked Apr 26 '12, 5:03 a.m.
Hi,

All Datawarehouse Data collection jobs are failed and i didn't find any clue in logs.

Jazz server repoistory db is on MSSQL and datawarehouse db is on derby(default).
Can you please let me know, is it ok to have repository db in SQL and datawarehosue db in derby?

Thanks
Vimal

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 4:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For all I know it should be possible to have different database types. The Jobs run on the server and access the DB through the API so the DB type should not matter. However Derby is only suggested to be used for testing/small eval usage, not for production. You can get DB2 for usage with RTC from the download page too. https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/3.0.1.3?p=optionalPrograms

permanent link
Vimalesh Surendiren (1622) | answered May 03 '12, 2:33 a.m.
For all I know it should be possible to have different database types. The Jobs run on the server and access the DB through the API so the DB type should not matter. However Derby is only suggested to be used for testing/small eval usage, not for production. You can get DB2 for usage with RTC from the download page too. https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/3.0.1.3?p=optionalPrograms

Thanks Ralph,

Repository DB is already in SQL and planning to use same SQL server for DW. I read in IBM portal that changing DW database may result incorrect reports for large database. We don't have any other option as current DW in derby also not in use.

Thanks
Vimal

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 03 '12, 3:07 a.m.
Vimal,

there is, today, no option such as repotools to migrate the data warehouse data. So changing the DB vendor in this case means leaving the old data warehouse behind. After the new DB isset up, the data collection jobs will collect information from data that is available. Data that is not available will not be analyzed. So you might not get all historical data you had.

permanent link
Vimalesh Surendiren (1622) | answered May 03 '12, 8:50 a.m.
Ralph,

In Report page of Admin Web UI, There is a option for each Jobs to Run Full Data Collection Job. I though this option is to collect all the historical data from repository rathar than reguler option which collect the data from last run. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I below like it mentioned that the CCM reporting data can be rebuild but reports will be inaccurate. i think rebuild means run the Full data collection job.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_update_jazz_setup_after_upgrade.html

Thanks,
Vimalesh

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 03 '12, 9:52 a.m.
Ralph,

In Report page of Admin Web UI, There is a option for each Jobs to Run Full Data Collection Job. I though this option is to collect all the historical data from repository rathar than reguler option which collect the data from last run. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I below like it mentioned that the CCM reporting data can be rebuild but reports will be inaccurate. i think rebuild means run the Full data collection job.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_update_jazz_setup_after_upgrade.html

Thanks,
Vimalesh

In the link above data collection jobs are only mentioned in two areas and I can see no indication for what you say about rebuild. The rebuild mentioned in the link refers to the index files you have on disk. These are not related to the data warehouse.

You can run the data collection jobs on the admin page as you mention and that should do the recollection.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.