It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone having problems starting RDi 9.0 on Linux when running RTC 4.0.3?

Jim Diephuis (22810) | asked Aug 15 '13, 8:20 a.m.
I have RDi 9.0 on a laptop running Linux. I upgraded RTC to 4.0.3 running on an IBM i. When I have RTC running my rational freezes after asking for my storage password. It looks like the focus gets taken from the password signon and lost somewhere. Is there a log hidden somewhere that I can look at? If I end my RTC server I get a 'cannot connect' message but everything comes up fine.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Aug 20 '13, 9:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you mean you are shell sharing within an eclipse client? RDi is built on Eclipse 4.2.2, while RTC is 3.7.2, so they are not supported for shell sharing.
The workspace log can be located in your workspace directory/metadata/ and is named .log.

Comments
Jim Diephuis commented Aug 20 '13, 9:27 a.m.

RTC 4.0.3 client is built on 4.2.2 and can exist in the same package as RDi. In fact, I had to upgrade my RTC server to 4.0.3 so I could do it, otherwise I would have to stay on RDp 8.5 to use RTC as well.
I do have it working now, with RTC up and RDi starts OK. This was the second time though that it started to happen and I had to shut down my RTC server to be able to use RDi. I think it must be some sort of timing thing but once it starts happening it keeps happening until I shut down my RTC server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.