It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission denied when approving

Neil Plantan (1082215) | asked Apr 12 '11, 2:07 p.m.
End users are getting Permission Denied: You don't have permission to perform the following actions: Modify the work items approval (modify/approval)

The user is not in the team that owns the work item but the Everyone Group has modify work item approval checked.

Is this the incorrect way to open up approvals to everyone?

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 13 '11, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
End users are getting Permission Denied: You don't have permission to perform the following actions: Modify the work items approval (modify/approval)

The user is not in the team that owns the work item but the Everyone Group has modify work item approval checked.

Hi

I believe that the person needs to be on the project. If you add them to the project, can they approve?

regards

anthony

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Apr 13 '11, 4:28 p.m.

Hi

I believe that the person needs to be on the project. If you add them to the project, can they approve?

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony,

They are in the project as members of different teams. We also have add comment and subscribers opened to "Everyone" and these seem to work fine. The issue seems to only happen with approvals.

Thanks

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 14 '11, 4:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony,

They are in the project as members of different teams. We also have add comment and subscribers opened to "Everyone" and these seem to work fine. The issue seems to only happen with approvals.

Thanks

Ah - ok. Is the permission set at the project area level, or the team level? I think it may need to be at the project area level. If that does not work - I am not sure what is going on - perhaps raise a defect and dev will take a look at what is going on. I am interested in the problem so if you add me as a subscriber (@kesterto) - that would be great.

anthony

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Apr 19 '11, 10:30 p.m.
Defect opened - https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=162624

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.