It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Jun 28 '10, 1:33 a.m.
With reference to RTC Eclipse Client installation, can anyone give me the difference between 'RTC Eclipse Client' and 'RTC Eclipse Client for Windows'? One difference is RTC Eclipse Client can be different for 32 bit and 64 bit OS. But doesn't it mean the same when we say 'Client for Eclipse IDE' and 'RTC Eclipse client for Windows 32 bit'. please help.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 28 '10, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

can you provide the version you are looking at?
In 2.0.0.2 IFix3 the naming has consistently changed to: Client for Eclipse IDE. I browsed several 2.x versions and can not find the naming you refer to. Instead behind the name there is a couple of links with download packages for several OS with indicators for 32/64 bit.

Ralph

With reference to RTC Eclipse Client installation, can anyone give me the difference between 'RTC Eclipse Client' and 'RTC Eclipse Client for Windows'? One difference is RTC Eclipse Client can be different for 32 bit and 64 bit OS. But doesn't it mean the same when we say 'RTC Eclipse Client' and 'RTC Eclipse client for Windows 32 bit'. please help.

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Jun 28 '10, 7:39 a.m.
ok, well that can be for RTC 2.0 or RTC 2.0.0.2 installation. Can you answer my one question: Is there any difference between 'RTC for Eclipse Client' and RTC Eclipse client for Windows,32 bit?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 28 '10, 8:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, no,

since you can't provide me with details on your question, e.g. where you found the statement you want me to comment on.

In a wild guess over the context of the question my answer would be: "RTC for Eclipse Client" could refer to the "Client for Eclipse IDE" in any supported OS and 32, 64 bit versions. Which means most likely (most of the the cases) it is NOT the "RTC Eclipse client for Windows,32 bit"

Ralph

ok, well that can be for RTC 2.0 or RTC 2.0.0.2 installation. Can you answer my one question: Is there any difference between 'RTC for Eclipse Client' and RTC Eclipse client for Windows,32 bit?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.