It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

mstestLogPublisher's filePath attribute can't be a directory

Thomas Yu (1011199) | asked Mar 19 '10, 5:19 a.m.
I use RTC2.0.0.2.

Per user manual:

attribute filePath
For mstestLogPublisher, the path to the TRX XML log, or a path to a directory containing TRX XML logs...

But I find mstestLogPublisher refuses to process TRX file when I set filePath as a path to the directory of TRX file.

I have to manually change the extention of MSTest log files from "trx" to "xml".

Another question is: when there are multiple TRX files containing failures in the same directory, mstestLogPublisher publishes only one of the TRX files (I set filePath as a path , and I didn't specify "component" for mstestLogPublisher).

thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Rich Salz (33255) | answered Mar 24 '10, 12:08 p.m.
The CPPUnit publisher has the same problem -- it only finds the first file in the directory. :(

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Mar 31 '10, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can confirm the filtering on XML extensions is a defect. Looking at the code, it should process all files in the directory, though not recursively.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I've filed: 110710: Unit test log publishers assume .xml file extension and only process first file. Let's follow up there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.