It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to convert binary to text

Norman Dignard (356688169) | asked Aug 11 '14, 3:33 p.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 12:01 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
We did imports from Clearcase to Jazz 406 using the CC synchronizer.  We noticed some files got stored in RTC as binary where in CC they where text.   How can we change the file type in JAZZ? 

I've searched but can't seem to find how to do it. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Winston Enos (33116) | answered Aug 11 '14, 3:54 p.m.
edited Aug 11 '14, 3:55 p.m.
Norman Dignard,

When I imported from ClearCase into RTC I had a few files that had both their MIME encoding set incorrectly as well as their line-ending type (line-ending type is dictated by the interop mode of the dynamic view you pulled the files from, the MIME encoding I believe gets set by the Eclipse File Properties in your Jazz Source Control preferences.)

To fix them I had to load a sandbox of the latest code I imported then make 2 script runs through the code to set both:
"scm.exe property set jazz.line-delimiter None <file>"
"scm.exe property set jazz.mime text/plain <file>"

Once you are done you then need to check them in and deliver, RTC version-controls changes to the Jazz metadata properties of a file.

This is from the documentation for 'get property' and 'set property', in RTC 4.x this may be the old format, 'property get' and 'property set', respectively:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/get_property_ex.html&scope=null
Norman Dignard selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.