It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does "Pause" option work in RQM

Mithila Nayak (8672) | asked Apr 30 '10, 7:03 a.m.
Hi,

Looks like the "Pause" option in RQM is not functioning the way it should in reality. It will not resume the test execution from the step I left the last time I executed my test case. Can any one pls explain this feature and how to get it working?

5 answers

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered May 05 '10, 3:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Looks like the "Pause" option in RQM is not functioning the way it should in reality. It will not resume the test execution from the step I left the last time I executed my test case. Can any one pls explain this feature and how to get it working?

Hi Mithila,
I assume you are talking about the Pause button which appears during Manual Execution. The intention of Pause is to halt the execution for sometime and then they can resume.
To see this you could follow:
a) Pause an execution and close the tab (RQM's tab where execution was in progress).
b) Navigate back to the Test Execution Record (TER) listing page.
c) Search and Select the same TER which you had used in step (a).
d) Note, beside the run button, the 'Resume' button will become enabled. You can click on that and resume the execution again and it will start the test from where you had left.
e) An alternate to (d) is to go and check the Result history of that TER. You could do this by clicking on the Actual Result icon of that particular TER. You will see a list of associated results with that TER. Search for the Result(Test) which you want to resume and click on the inline resume action.
Hope this help
Thanks
Vaibhav

permanent link
Bill Stewart (6) | answered May 06 '10, 11:14 a.m.
Hi,

Hi Mithila,
I assume you are talking about the Pause button which appears during Manual Execution. The intention of Pause is to halt the execution for sometime and then they can resume.
a) Pause an execution and close the tab (RQM's tab where execution was in progress).
d) Note, beside the run button, the 'Resume' button will become enabled. You can click on that and resume the execution again and it will start the test from where you had left.
e) An alternate to (d) is to go and check the Result history of that TER. You could do this by clicking on the Actual Result icon of that particular TER. You will see a list of associated results with that TER. Search for the Result(Test) which you want to resume and click on the inline resume action.
Hope this help
Thanks
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your response. If the pause button is used during manual execution, what is actually getting paused? How is using the pause button different than simply closing the tab to leave the test case "in progress"?

Should I always use the pause button when when I stop working on a test case (such as at the end of my work day)?

Bill

permanent link
Mithila Nayak (8672) | answered May 13 '10, 2:50 a.m.
Hi Vaibhav,

Could you please explain the functionality of "Stop" and "Cancel" buttons? As far as we understand if you hit either of the buttons the test cases goes to "Incomplete" state.

Hi,

Hi Mithila,
Hope this help
Thanks
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for your response. If the pause button is used during manual execution, what is actually getting paused? How is using the pause button different than simply closing the tab to leave the test case "in progress"?

Should I always use the pause button when when I stop working on a test case (such as at the end of my work day)?

Bill

permanent link
Sandra Chen (36131) | answered May 26 '10, 9:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I got from Vaibhav the following info regarding "Stop":

Stop and Cancel today work in more or less the same way... The only difference is with the State of the 'Execution Task' shown on Execution Console. Both are non-resumeable and saves the result as incomplete..
For Stopped request, it will be 100% complete but with Status as incomplete
For Cancel request, it will be Cancelled

In 3.0 this behaviour will be modified, refer workitem https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/16102

thanks.

permanent link
prasad vartak (11) | answered Jul 27 '10, 3:06 a.m.
Hi vaibhav,

The the resolution steps worked fine but there is one issue.
Consider a case in which a user has 3 test cases include in test suite & we are running the test suite. The user has paused one test case & completed execution of the remaining test cases successfully. After resuming the test case, it was found that the resumed test case results are not getting included in the test execution records of the test suite , it shows only two test cases instead of three.

Do you have any workaround for this issue ?

Regards,
Prasad Vartak

Hi,

Hi Mithila,
Hope this help
Thanks
Vaibhav

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.