It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to not show all Test Plans that show on a report parameter?

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Aug 14 '15, 9:49 a.m.
Hi

I have seen that on the RQM reports , for example "Execution Status using TCER Count (Live)" you must select a test plan as a parameter.

But in the list it shows ALL test plans, is there a way that it only shows for example the "Open" test plans? Or at least not the closed ones?.
Users will have problems when they see all the Test Plans and can not find there Test Plan easily

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Aug 17 '15, 12:16 a.m.
The state of a test plan should be among Draft, "Under Review", Approved and Retired. In what state(s) do you want the test plan to be in to show in a report? It can be quite user dependent. I believe it is for this reason, the state is not taken into account when running a built-in report. You need to make a custom report to achieve this. You can use the built-in report as the template and make appropriate changes to it. You can find the report design as

<JAZZ_HOME>/server/conf/qm/sites/rqm-update-site/plugins/com.ibm.rqm.reports.templates_####.jar/live/execution/Execution Status using TER Count.rptdesign
Cesar Sasaki selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Sep 04 '15, 10:50 a.m.

Hi Donald. Are this report on BIRT? or RPE?

Donald Nong commented Sep 06 '15, 7:49 p.m.

The built-in RQM reports are a mix of both I believe. This particular one, "Execution Status using TER Count.rptdesign" is BIRT.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.