It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failure to save Requirements Links

Doyle Kint (2311014) | asked Aug 14 '12, 12:55 p.m.
I have a test case in RQM that has links to DOORS requirements (the links were created from DOORS) that are incorrect.  If I delete the links from RQM, the test case will not save.  I get an error "Failed to save Requirements Links <show details>".  If I click on <show details>, I see a long dotted line...............................................

Comments
Zhou Xing commented Aug 14 '12, 8:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Doyle, are the requirements pushed from Doors through RQMI or through OSLC?

Doyle Kint commented Aug 15 '12, 7:18 a.m.

I am using OSLC. DOORS 9.4

Zhou Xing commented Aug 16 '12, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Doyle, would you please have a try to use firebug in Firefox to provide some more failure information? This will help to detect which UI call has failed. thanks

Doyle Kint commented Aug 17 '12, 9:36 a.m.

Can you point me to instructions on how to do this?

Ara Masrof commented Aug 20 '12, 12:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Doyal, Firebug is a plug in that can be used with Firefox that allows you to capture the individual HTTP calls (among many other things) You can get the plug in here

http://getfirebug.com/

The console tab of firebug will list all of the HTTP requests of the page your accessing The list of requests at the point in which the failure occurs would be very helpful

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Aug 20 '12, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://getfirebug.com/

Enable console output and the do the operation that is failing.  You should see errors in the console.

Comments
Doyle Kint commented Aug 20 '12, 12:41 p.m.

I don't have permission to install anything new on my system.

However, I found an "Error Console" from my Firefox menu. I opened it and found a stack dump. It's much too long to post here, but begins with "not well-formed", then has a URL that links to IDocumentRawService, then has what looks like a line of code that starts with {"soapenv:Body":{"respons":...

If I can get more of that to you, will that help?

Robert Rassmann commented Aug 20 '12, 1:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes that would be useful. Also please post the version of RQM. That will allow us to match the stack to the code.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.