It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating Excel Content Into Composer 2.0

Teresa Hadish (1121) | asked Apr 07 '10, 12:26 p.m.
HELP. I need to know if there is a way to bring existing Excel based (requirement spreadsheets) content into Composer 2.0. I have tried 'cut and paste' but that doesn't allow me to use 'Mark as Requirement' composer functionality since multiple Excel cells = 1 requirement. I have a lot of old documentation that needs to be brought in to Composer so I need an efficient method to do this. Please advise.

6 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 14 '10, 7:46 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two round-about ways to do this at the moment:

1. Use CSV import from RequisitePro and sync the requirements to RRC

2. Consider doing it pro grammatically following the approach in the RRC sample code as explained here.

And yes, it's a priority to make this much easier!

Daniel

permanent link
Guy Paquet (3632) | answered Aug 04 '10, 8:24 a.m.
Hi. If you have access to the IBM RAM (internal), you'll find a macro available for MS Excel that allows you to export a MS Excel spreadsheet into a RRC archive.
You then just need to upload the archive into your RRC project.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 04 '10, 11:27 p.m.
Just out of curiosity, could you tell me who supports this please because I don't believe anyone in RRC development is aware of this macro and thus we won't be able to help if anyone has problems using it.

permanent link
mat zanchi (46173) | answered Sep 10 '10, 12:03 p.m.
Hi could you tell me what is IBM RAM?

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 10 '10, 3:16 p.m.

RAM is the IBM Rational Asset Manager, which is an asset repository fostering reuse and asset governance/lifecycle. We have an IBM-wide RAM repository that we use internally to publish, organize and share resuable assets (documents, code, and various other kinds of interesting stuff). I've heard that it's used by well over 100,000 people. If your organization doesn't have something like that, I suggest you take a look on jazz.net and ibm.com.

I imagine the question behind your question is "So how do I get this stuff if it's in your RAM repository?" And frankly, I'm not sure. Does anyone else know (or have a suggestion here)?

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Sep 13 '10, 5:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

RAM is the IBM Rational Asset Manager, which is an asset repository fostering reuse and asset governance/lifecycle. We have an IBM-wide RAM repository that we use internally to publish, organize and share resuable assets (documents, code, and various other kinds of interesting stuff). I've heard that it's used by well over 100,000 people. If your organization doesn't have something like that, I suggest you take a look on jazz.net and ibm.com.

I imagine the question behind your question is "So how do I get this stuff if it's in your RAM repository?" And frankly, I'm not sure. Does anyone else know (or have a suggestion here)?

Probably the best answer is to contact your local IBM local sales team, who can work with the author to get permission of use, at your own risk, as it which will not be supported by IBM Tech Support or Development

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.