It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you recreate the data warehouse after database move?

John Hetrick (261012) | asked May 07 '13, 4:10 p.m.
retagged May 08 '13, 12:56 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
 We can not recreate the data warehouse after we moved the DB2 database.  We get the following error:

The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue.  For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1579E

DB2SQL Error: SQLCODE=-901, SQLSTATE=58004, SQLERRMC=null, DRIVER=3.57.82

Our setup:
 - CLM 2012 (v4.0.0.1)
 - Tomcat
 - DB2 v9.7 Ent. Ed. Fix pack 8

We moved our database from a RHEL 6.2 x86 (64) machine to a machine running RHEL 6.2 PowerPC (64 bit).  We used the repotools -copy command to move the repository contents.  There were no recorded problems with the copy of the repository.

The expectation was that the copy, or the export/import, did not move the data warehouse.  The data warehouse needed to be created in the new repository.  After moving the other databases (JTS, CCM, QM) We created the data warehouse database and then ran jts/setup to configure it.  This is where we get the failure above.

Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Thanks
John Hetrick

Comments
Josh Crawford commented May 07 '13, 8:08 p.m.

Hi John,  could you post the full stack trace of the exception?  You might try running repotools-<app> -createWarehouse from the commandline and adding the full output here 

More on the syntax is here

Benjamin Silverman commented May 07 '13, 10:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'd suggest also checking the db2diag.log for errors.  It might also help to know how the database move was done.

John Hetrick commented May 09 '13, 3:09 p.m.

Thanks for the responses.  Our environment is closed and difficult to extract information directly to the outside.  However, I am following up on your suggestions.

@Josh  We ran the repotools-jts -createWarehouse and it ran successfully.  However when CLM tries to contact the database either through jts/setup or by trying to run a data collection job we get the error indicated above.  I am working on getting a more complete stack trace.

@Benjamin  I am not a DB person thanks for pointing me to the db2diag.log.  Much of this file I do not understand.  However, during DW creation there are some warnings about catalog cache overflow, but no errors.  When CLM tries to connect to the DW there are errors and severe errors. I am working to get an extract.

Thanks
John

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered May 08 '13, 10:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@John the error suggests something serious has happened on DB2.
It is suggested in various posts by DB2 support to contact them with the db2diag.log

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/comp.databases.ibm-db2/2sKsDpijKSo
John Hetrick selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Hetrick commented May 09 '13, 3:03 p.m.

@Sandy thanks for the link.  I had not run across that in my searches.  Sounds dire.  Fortunately none of the other databases (JTS, CCM, QM) seem affected.
John  

John Hetrick commented Jan 10 '14, 11:48 a.m.

All indications were that this was a DB2 problem in this specific closed environment.  Unfortunately customer migrated off the CLM platform for other reasons before this was actually solved.

Thanks to all for your help.
John 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.