It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RRC, how can I modify the default view in modules?

Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | asked Jun 13 '13, 3:01 p.m.
How do I modify the default view in modules?  I am not referring to Saved Views, which I am familiar with.

From what I'm experiencing, there are two "default" views. Allow me to explain:

Default View 1:
This is what I see when I open up a module, or when I "Clear All Filters" on the Views Tab.  In my case, this defaults to ID and Contents

Default View 2:
If I choose "Change Column Display Settings" and click "Reset to Default" I see five columns: ID, Name, Artifact Type, Modified By, Modified On.

As I said before, I know how to create a saved view, but I don't know how to make that saved view the default.  And obviously, for the above reasons, I'm unclear of what default is, or where to go to modify the settings.

5 answers

permanent link
Chris Ryan (15732428) | answered Jul 08 '13, 4:08 p.m.
I've got this same question....any resolution?

permanent link
Michelle De Armas (2612) | answered Jun 14 '13, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian,
By default, someone with the administrator role can save a public view, unless you've customized this capability to another role. Take a look at this topic on filters and views in modules (and the related topic as well) in the help. You may need to create a shared view.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_filter_views_modules.html

Comments
Brian Vander Mey commented Jun 14 '13, 2:43 p.m.

Thank you for this reply Michelle.  I am familiar with Shared Views, being that they are a kind of Saved View.

But I'm talking about modifying Rational's default.  Modifying the view that is shown when an artifact is opened.  Because from what I can see, you have to choose a specific view each time, I haven't been able to find where to modify the default view.

permanent link
Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | answered Jun 14 '13, 2:43 p.m.
 Thank you for this reply Michelle.  I am familiar with Shared Views, being that they are a kind of Saved View.

But I'm talking about modifying Rational's default.  Modifying the view that is shown when an artifact is opened.  Because from what I can see, you have to choose a specific view each time, I haven't been able to find where to modify the default view.

permanent link
Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | answered Jul 22 '13, 2:06 p.m.
 Is this something that can be modified on the backend?  I have access to the server.  Perhaps its an XML file somewhere?

permanent link
Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | answered Aug 12 '13, 11:04 a.m.
 Part of this problem has now been fixed based on a defect request I put in:

This was related to the "two defaults" situation:

I still have an open enhancement request related to creating a default view by artifact type instead of using Saved Views.  I think its a pain to have to look through a saved views list when I always know an artifact should look a certain way, and it is confusing for new people using the system:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.