It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRCS 2.0.0.1 on Linux NOT working

Gang Duan (1833) | asked Feb 04 '10, 8:42 a.m.
Hi all,

I am trying to install RRCS 2.0.0.1 on Linux, I followed the install map, then use the headless mode to start the server (Xvfb), but seems the /rdm is not accessible, I checked the log, rdm.log, it says

2010-02-04 08:32:20,531 [ Launch callback handler] [] ERROR eam.repository.provision.
internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0308I Unable to find the feature for "com.ibm.team.jfs.sd
k.runtime.feature_1.0.2.I200912012235-7d7aVAacXE9l9gi-EJ6h9KMw".
2010-02-04 08:32:20,533 [ Launch callback handler] [] ERROR eam.repository.provision.
internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0288I Failed to install the profile feature "com.ibm.rdm.
web.feature" from the update site "file:../com.ibm.rdm.web.updatesite" referenced in the pr
ofile file "/opt/IBM/RRCS20/server/conf/rdm/provision_profiles/rrcweb-profile.ini".
com.ibm.team.repository.provision.ProvisionException: CRJAZ0308I Unable to find the feature
for "com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.runtime.feature_1.0.2.I200912012235-7d7aVAacXE9l9gi-EJ6h9KMw".
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(Provi
sionService.java:357)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(Provi
sionService.java:466)
sionService.java:466)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(
ProvisionService.java:764)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(P
rovisionService.java:871)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextCo
nfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:885)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:152)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

and I found there are two packages with the same name,

[root@rrc-60 server]# find . -name com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.runtime.feature*
./update-site/features/com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.runtime.feature_1.0.2.I200912012235-7d7aVAacXE9l9gi-EJ6h9KMw.jar
./com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.updatesite/features/com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.runtime.feature_1.0.2.I200912012235-7d7aVAacXE9l9gi-EJ6h9KMw.jar

is this causing the problem? if not, how can I solve this problem?

THANKS!

4 answers

permanent link
Jan Šťastný (1212147) | answered Feb 06 '10, 9:31 a.m.
Hi,

I'm installing RRC on Linux and I have just run into the same problem. It can be solved by starting the RRC server from the rrr/server directory. You need to cd first (the problem in my opinion is, that the file fronting-server-web-profile.ini includes relative path). This is what you need to start the server:

cd /path/to/your/rrc/server/
./server.startup

instead of calling server.startup by absolute path.

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Scott Schmitz (3634) | answered Apr 30 '10, 4:30 p.m.
I've got the same issue, the recommendation above did not solve it. I've submitted a Defect (26863) and will update this topic with any solutions.

permanent link
marius gherghief (16) | answered May 24 '10, 6:06 p.m.
I've got the same issue, the recommendation above did not solve it. I've submitted a Defect (26863) and will update this topic with any solutions.

I have the same problem, but on version 2.0.0.2 of rrc.
I managed to temporarily work around the issue by accessing the jazz/setup page after server start-up. After that, i could access rdm/setup and rdm/web/rrc.

Hope this helps, this is not the last problem you`ll have with this.

permanent link
Sean Goldsmith (6) | answered Feb 11 '11, 11:05 a.m.
I had the same issue using RRCS 2.0.0.3 on Linux. The solution I found to the problem was from looking at the rdm.log. In mine, it said

2011-02-11 10:28:03,911 [       Launch callback handler] [] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0288I Failed to install the profile feature "com.ibm.rdm.web.feature" from the update site "file:../com.ibm.rdm.web.updatesite" referenced in the profile file "/opt/IBM/RRCS20/server/conf/rdm/provision_profiles/rrcweb-profile.ini".

com.ibm.team.repository.provision.ProvisionException: CRJAZ0308I Unable to find the feature for "com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.runtime.feature_1.0.2.I200912012235-7d7aVAacXE9l9gkaBQ5r9VKq".
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:357)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:466)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:466)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:764)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:871)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:885)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:152)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

The issue for me was the file rrcweb-profile.ini had the wrong path for the file com.ibm.rdm.web.updatesite. When I updated rrcweb-profile.ini with the correct path, the issue went away, and I was able to access /rdm/setup

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.