It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding "fields" to RRC artifacts

Steve Stupca (11102) | asked Oct 05 '09, 2:58 p.m.
Is there a way - through modifying either process templats, artifact templates or other means - to add required fields to an artifact?

I see where, by convention, a field can be created in an artifact template, but I can't see a way to make that required.

Nor can I see a way to expose the data in that field to use outside of the artifact.

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 05 '09, 4:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. You can create an attribute group (on the admin tab in the rich client), then apply that admin group as part of an artifact or a template. That will make the field visible in the sidebar

2. The field and its values can be included in the project dashboard list view, which is customizable; by default only artifact name, author, last modified date, etc are shown.

I should point out the following:
* (1) is relevant to RRC v1 and v2; and (2) is relevant to RRC 2.0 beta 2.
* in RRC it's not possible to require that a field be given a value -- only that the field exist.

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 07 '09, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually it is possible to require a value. When editing a specific attribute in the attribute group editing dialog, there is a checkbox for "The attribute must have a value". (If this is checked, you must provide a default value).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.