It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem activating LDAP

Georg Kellner (840481109) | asked Aug 15 '23, 7:46 a.m.
edited Aug 15 '23, 7:55 a.m.

In a testenvironment I have a problem with activating LDAP.
I got all the parameters (working with another JTS here), I get a connecting, jts/setup requests a user to check if the administrative proviliges are okay, and from this point, I can't go forward.

I remmeber on the running system the setup wizard requested the admin user and its password to authenticate, but currently, the setup ask just for the user.

Warning message:
"You need to be authenticated as a user from LDAP to import your user and assign licenses. Ensure the application container settings are configured correctly for LDAP, restart the server, and log in with a user from the LDAP directory to continue."

Any hints?

greetings georg.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 15 '23, 8:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have not done this in a while. To be able to login on a JTS with LDAP, you require, as far as I remember, a valid user in JTS that has a valid ID, user name and e-mail. To authenticate with LDAP requires all the settings for LDAP being done already, which is usually not he case at this time, because it is part of the setup process you are just starting.

To create a valid user in JTS, during the first setup, you can use the ADMIN user to login.  Using this login as ADMIN, you can create a valid user that is in JTS, has an ID, name, e-mail in JTS. Provided this user has a corresponding user in LDAP and has the required group mapping and membership, when you configure the system for LDAP you can then login using the admin user you just created in JTS. 

Once that is done, you can synchronize other users from LDAP into JTS and they are also pushed to the other servers registered with JTS. The ADMIN user is deactivated during this process. You can reactivate it by setting com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=true in the teamserver.properties.

Hope this is correct and helps. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.