It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible change the database passwords for these systems without creating Application downtime (CLM)?

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k12258) | asked Feb 19 '14, 12:34 p.m.
edited Feb 20 '14, 1:39 p.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
 Hi,

Is it possible change the database passwords for these systems without creating Application downtime (CLM)?

what is the impact on the current database transactions ?

Other ETL jobs transactions  ( it uses the functional user id ) ?

Impact on the active services ?

Are there any scripts or API-calls which support this action to perform this task on many RTC systems failsafe and efficient?

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 19 '14, 12:37 p.m. | edited Feb 20 '14, 10:00 a.m.

I see the answers below but not sure,  what difference does it make with two different db2 user accounts.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 20 '14, 2:41 a.m.

Please let me know if you have any comments on my requirement

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1131) | answered Apr 03 '14, 12:35 p.m.
RTC is DB dependant, and any action that causes communication to fail between RTC and the DB can trigger an interuption to service.   To minimize the service interuption I would suggest the following:
1.  Wait until the load in the server is light
2.  Change the password for each application by going to the webUI -> application -> server -> advanced properties page
3. Locate the DB Id and update the password and save

NOTE:
1. I am not certain, but do not think a server restart would be needed for this approach

Scripting the DB passworrd change
1. I do not think there is an API to update the password.
2. A script can be created to update the DB password directly in the teamserver.properties files, but the issue with this approach is a) may require a server restart  and b) The password will not be encrypted

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.