It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server.

Leonardo Benevides (266327) | asked Sep 21 '21, 11:35 a.m.

Hi all!

I'm trying to start Installation Manager and the WebSphere Migration Tool (migration.sh) and both are returning the same error:

#./migration.sh

Gdk-Message: 11:56:11.512: eclipse: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server localhost:11.0.

#./IBMIM

Gdk-Message: 12:29:21.210: IBMIM: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server localhost:11.0.

Does anyone has a clue of what is happening?

The SO information is: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo) running on s390 platform.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Leonardo Benevides (266327) | answered Sep 30 '21, 9:45 a.m.
Hi Ralph and thanks for your time spent on searching this in the internet. 

In fact, there are so many information about this common error and lot of tips also, but each one seems to be related to a different causes getting the same error message and I tried out some tips but nothing helps.

I opened an IBM case and they appointed the root cause in my case.

The problem in my case was that the automatic Linux update updated Firefox and with that gtk3 was installed creating a conflict with applications that depend on gtk2 such as Installation Manager, migration script and so on.

The (interim) solution was to remove gtk3 and install Firefox on the previous version that uses gtk2.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '21, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for sharing! 

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 30 '21, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think that you are facing some platform related issue. This forum is likely not the right place to ask. I found several hits in the internet. Maybe better to look there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.