It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM IOT MessageSight download link

vowner owner (25532) | asked Mar 16 '18, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Team,

For setting up the CCM cluster in clm 6.0.5, we tried to get the IBM IoT MessageSight 2.0.

But we couldn't get any link o download the .tz files to install the application.

Can you please guide us here...

Regards
Vowner

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 16 '18, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
vowner owner selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
vowner owner (25532) | answered Mar 16 '18, 7:38 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Thanks for your quick guidance. However, I could download only .zip file there (only 1.8 mb size).

As we referred the installation guide for the IBM IOT MessageSight - IOT Installation Guide

its stating that we will get two files. tz to install the application.

• IBMIoTMessageSightServer-2.0< build_info >.tz
  • IBMIoTMessageSightWebUI-2.0< build_info >.tz

Where as in the .zip files, these are not there.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16 '18, 8:22 a.m. | edited Mar 16 '18, 8:23 a.m.

My best guess:

You unzip the file. You follow the link - that is only the Fixpacks. You open the Passport Advantage link to access the entitlements you search for MessageSight. You download the main download and then the Fixpack you need.

I would agree that an easier download experience would be desirable.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16 '18, 9:35 a.m.

I unzipped the zip file. Found a HTML talking about Docker not Docker

IBM-MessageSight-CLM-Option-Program\readme.html Stating

• Download the required packages for the latest IBM IoT MessageSight 2.0 from ibm.com. (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21973411)
    Note: IBMid is required to access these files. If you do not have an IBMid, you will be prompted to create one before you can download MessageSight.
  • Follow the instructions in the MessageSight documentation to install the non-dockerized (RPM) version.

I don't understand the last item, however I followed the link in that document to the support page.

I went to Passport Advantage, logged in with my ID, searched for MessageSight and found it.

This all I can do from here. Contact your IBM sales/technical sales team if you need more.

permanent link
vivek vijayan (1516) | answered Mar 16 '18, 9:08 a.m.

Hi ralph,

by unzipping how to do the installation if the document is not there.

the installation document is only stating about the .tz files installation method.

Also could you please how to access and download the proper package from the passport advantage site.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.