It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client Extension in RQM (Quality Manager) like in DNG (Doors)

Robert Burmeister (112) | asked Mar 30 '21, 7:56 a.m.
edited Mar 30 '21, 8:04 a.m.

Hello,

in Doors it is quite simple to write an own widgets with the Client Extension. RQM has also default widgets which I can add to the mini dashboard. Therefore it should also be possible to create own widgets for RQM, but I find no documentation like there is for doors (see link above) and I don´t see the added default widgets in the browser´s java script context in order to access a API. How works client extensions in RQM different then Doors and why? 

Regards,

Robert 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Mar 30 '21, 9:44 a.m.

RM Widget API is only available for DOORS Next and there is no equivalent API for QM or CCM.

You can use OSLC to build such a widgets that will work with QM and CCM buy you have to implement everything by yourself.

All the widget on the IBM Engineering platform are created using Google Gadget spec and it works in RM, CCM, QM

Michael Rowe selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 30 '21, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My understanding is that the custom widget stuff is DNG specific, also the Java Script API. I think you can create open social gadgets and use them with all tools, but you would have to use the REST and OSLC APIs to access the data.

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented May 06 '21, 8:28 a.m.

Ralph,

DNG Widget API give you possiblity to interact with UI. Pure OSLC and Javascript wont give you this possiblity in QM/CCM. Of course You can develop it.

Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '21, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe that is pretty much what I wrote. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.