It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Validated By Link via OSLC?

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Oct 07 '20, 7:54 p.m.

I'm scratching my head. I am trying to link a DOORS artifact with an RQM test step via OSLC. I am getting a message of "Success" back, but the link is not present. Thanks for any help fixing my request!

I'm sending the following request to the DOORS artifact's resource URL:
Type: PATCH
Headers:
Content-Type: application/rdf+xml
OSLC-Core-Version: 2.0
Request Body:
End of Request

I suspect my rdf:resource is not correct... but I retrieved that URL from an OSLC query on all steps. Maybe I need one more step to retrieve the URL in another format?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29347) | answered Oct 08 '20, 8:46 a.m.

I'm not aware that PATCH is supported, but if it didn't fail, then maybe it is - its not part of standard OSLC. RM links are owned by RQM, so, you need to do the PUT there, not in DNG.

Dave Evans selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dave Evans commented Oct 15 '20, 5:03 p.m. | edited Oct 15 '20, 5:14 p.m.

Ok, I am trying to create now from the RQM side, still without luck.

I am following this doc exactly.

The entire PUT data I am sending is:

I am PUTting this with OSLC headers to the oslc url for the test step I want to link, as found in step 4 of the doc. The result is "AQXCM5012E The resource could not be retrieved or created."

Dave Evans commented Oct 16 '20, 11:30 a.m.

Hallelujah! It apparently does not accept partial PUTs like some of the other applications. Now, I am getting the RDF for the entire test step, then adding the validatesRequirement node and PUTting that back. IT WORKS! I was surprised I didn't have to submit the ETag though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.