It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why don't long lists in attributes display and consequently not export?

Paul Walchli (132) | asked Oct 17 '19, 3:26 p.m.

We have artifacts that contain 300+ product codes on individual lines and there seems to be a cap on when any codes are displayed in the user defined string attribute. Not seeing them all displayed isn't such a bad thing as in Classic it annoys the users but the problem is for the artifacts that have that issue none of the codes get exported to a CSV or Excel file.

Is there some sort of limit to where DNG cuts off the text? Has anyone else had this issue and of so what solution have you found?

Regards,

Paul 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (735219) | answered Oct 17 '19, 5:00 p.m.
edited Oct 17 '19, 5:00 p.m.

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if yours is the same problem I had, in that our attributes were displaying as blank in READ mode, but I suspect your issue is something similar.  Based on this post, there may be a setting you can change in Advanced Properties?   https://jazz.net/forum/questions/243269/doors-next-generation-attributes-with-more-than-1024-characters-are-displayed-as-empty-texts

Good luck,
Carol

Paul Walchli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Walchli commented Oct 17 '19, 5:04 p.m.

Thanks Carol, that's exactly the problem. Now I just need access rights to restart the server ;)

I'll get a hold of our IT rep.

Regards,

Paul

Carol Watson commented Oct 17 '19, 5:25 p.m.

I know exactly what you mean :)  We can change the property ourselves, but most require a restart to take effect.  We have scheduled restarts once a week, which helps if the change isn't urgent.

Glad that post helped!  My users decided to just live with it since they only had a few attributes that exceeded the maximum.

Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.