It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Send Test Email no longer working

Peter Turvey (99236) | asked Jul 24 '19, 6:50 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '19, 3:43 a.m.

A Jazz Team Server that was v6.0.2 and has now been upgraded to 6.0.6 is no longer sending email messages.

I have gone to the "Email Settings" page and tried to "Send Test Email" but it doesn't do anything.
Just seems to hang with a "i - Sending test email" message box.

After several minutes I get a java.net SocketTimeoutException : Read timed out

I looked in the ‘jts.log’ file where the error reported was CRJZS5074E.

Looking at the online guidance notes it seems that my problem is to do with the SMTP Server issues that are result of a change to the mail libraries, starting in version 6.0.3 for Collaborative Lifecycle Management.

I read the suggested article on “IBM Knowledge Center” entitled “Troubleshooting the SMTP server” and as a result of doing that I opened a command prompt and issued the commands :
telnet <smtp-server> 25
and then
EHLO <smtp-server>

There was NOT an entry for ‘AUTH LOGIN’ in the list that was returned.

(I don’t know if this is relevant but ‘AUTH NTLM’ was listed).

If I entered the command AUTH LOGIN the message returned was 504 5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type.

Any advice on what I need to do next to get email working again would be very welcome.

Peter

One answer

permanent link
Peter Turvey (99236) | answered Aug 01 '19, 10:08 a.m.

Leaving "SMTP Username" and "SMTP Password" blank solved the problem.

So that's different to how I had it before when the Jazz Team Server was at version 6.0.2.

This can be closed now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.