It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

repotools-ccm compacttdb error

Joao Ramires (34720) | asked Nov 21 '16, 12:00 p.m.
Hi all, I need to run repotools-ccm and repotools-jts with compacttdb option to compact indexes.
It is failling with some errors, sugestions are welcome. Thanks!

The command line shows:
[root@hostname ~]# ./repotools-jts.sh -compacttdb srcdir=./conf/jts/indices tempdir=/U01/tmp > /U01/tmp/compacttdb_jts.log

at com.ibm.team.social.common.HttpsSocketFactoryHelper.registerHttpsSocketFactory(HttpsSocketFactoryHelper.java:54)
        at com.ibm.team.social.common.HttpsSocketFactoryHelper.registerHttpsSocketFactory(HttpsSocketFactoryHelper.java:46)
        at com.ibm.team.social.service.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:40)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:327)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)

And the log created shows:

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "./conf/ccm/provision_profiles".
  Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 5.0.2 (RJF-I20141028-1603)
  Change and Configuration Management - Core Libraries, Version 5.0.2 (RTC-I20141031-0926)

To submit questions about issues, go to the Jazz.net forum at https://jazz.net/forum.
 To find more information about a message, see the online product documentation.
CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/ccm/teamserver.properties".
The class "com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.progress.IPlanProgressService" failed to load. The bundle "com.ibm.team.qp.transport" could not find the class.
The class "com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.progress.IPlanProgressService" failed to load. The bundle "com.ibm.team.qp.transport" could not find the class.
CRJAZ1778I This server is configured as an application.
Plug-in "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.db2" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider".
CRJAZ1093E The "com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider" feature could not start.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Nov 21 '16, 6:32 p.m.
You may just need to use the "-clean" option to reset the repotools configuration. The below post shows the same issue with the solution.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/214098/plug-in-comibmteamrepositoryjdbcdriverdb2-was-unable-to-instantiate-class-comibmteamrepositoryjdbcdriverinternaldb2db2provider-running-repotools-qm-reindex

Comments
Joao Ramires commented Nov 23 '16, 10:55 a.m. | edited Nov 23 '16, 11:16 a.m.

Thanks , in my case repotools-ccm.sh -clean only gives me the help, the same for repotools-jts.sh -clean. No errors, only the help is displayed.
Any special options to use "-clean"?

Donald Nong commented Nov 23 '16, 7:28 p.m.

It doesn't show any successful message as far as I can see. You can judge by the time it takes to execute the command. In my case, the "-clean" option takes nearly a minute, while "-help" only a couple of seconds. Both options display the help content.

Joao Ramires commented Nov 24 '16, 7:32 a.m. | edited Nov 24 '16, 7:33 a.m.

thanks! Now I can run it with -compacttdb option. How do I know the run completes with success?

For jts
repotools-jts -compacttdb srcdir=./conf/jts/indices tempdir=/U01/tmp
the log created ends like this:
2016-11-24 11:54:24,425 CRJZS6132I 4 RDF index directories were compacted in 3 seconds

For ccm
repotools-ccm -compacttdb srcdir=./conf/ccm/indices tempdir=/U01/tmp
the log ends:
2016-11-24 12:24:52,568 CRJZS6132I 2 RDF index directories were compacted in 1464 seconds

Donald Nong commented Nov 24 '16, 7:35 p.m.

They appear as successful to me, as it says the directories were compacted. I suppose you don't see any errors or warnings in between, right?

Donald Nong commented Nov 24 '16, 7:40 p.m.

They appear as successful to me, as it says the directories were compacted. I suppose you don't see any errors or warnings in between, right?

Joao Ramires commented Nov 28 '16, 9:53 a.m.

Thanks, I was expecting to see a message saying "complete" or "xxx bytes compacted" :) Again thanks for you answers.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.