It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TSER missing a Test Case in the Test Suite

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Nov 20 '18, 10:45 a.m.

Hello,

I'm using CLM Suite 6.0.6 iFix003.

In RQM, I have a Test Plan. In this test pan are associated test cases and test suites. When viewing the test cases from the test plan perspective, Test Case A is listed among the 204 test cases. When viewing the test cases from the test suite perspective, Test Case A is again listed among the 204 test cases. Upon initiating the execution of a test suite, creating a Test Suite Execution Record, the total test cases listed are 203; Test Case A is missing. It is my understanding that creating a TSER from the Test Suite should not only include all of the test cases but sort them by execution order as well.

In a separate Test Plan, the same test case is actually included in the TSERs created from those Test Suites.

Is there some configuration on the test plan or test case which would cause this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Nov 21 '18, 5:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Timothy,

There is only one case, where in this might have happened and that too only when you are actually executing TSER. If by chance user has opted for "exclude from execution" or "exclude passed ones from execution". If not, all the test cases should get listed under the TSER dialog while creating it which are part of test suite.

If this is not working for your case, please raise a support ticket.

Thanks and Regards,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Nov 21 '18, 7:52 a.m.

Krupta,

Just to verify, you are saying the user who is actually executing the TSER has a configurable option to either exclude from execution or exclude passed ones from execution, correct? Where exactly is this configurable?

Timothy Distel commented Nov 21 '18, 8:25 a.m.

Nevermind, I tested myself and found the dialog box presented to testers upon executing test suites. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.