It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clean up of the rational insight data warehouse ...

RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | asked Jan 27 '14, 9:53 a.m.
Hello,

is there a way to clean all the data in the data warehouse (ridw database) of Rational Insight ?

In fact I have some old data from Rational Quality Manager that I want not see in the reportings generated by Rational Insight ...

Regards,
Raphaël.

6 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 28 '14, 9:11 a.m.
Hello Raphaël,

as far as I know there is no easy way to clean up the data for a specific project from the data warehouse.
This is spread over multiple tables and there are a lot of links and references.

If your data warehouse is new, and you don't have much data in it the easiest solution is to drop the database (or the data warehouse schemas in the case of Oracle) and recreate it.

If this is not possible, you might have to add a filter condition in your reports to exclude the data from your old project.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Jan 28 '14, 9:23 a.m.

One other option is to update your database manually and change the 'issoftdeleted' flag so that the projects and data for this old repository no longer shows up as active, valid data when you run reports.

It will take more manual work, but if you can't afford to drop and recreate your data warehouse (which most people can't) it's another alternative.

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Jan 27 '14, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Raphael! You can delete / archive the artifacts / project area in RQM application.
Then run the DW jobs for all applications. This will refresh the data and remove unwanted entries pertaining to the archived artifacts.

You will need to remove the related artifacts (defects, requirements) from other applications RTC, RRC as well.
Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
RAPHAEL BOILLON commented Jan 27 '14, 11:07 a.m. | edited Jan 28 '14, 9:18 a.m.

Thank you Sunil for your answer.

Sorry but I think that my question was not clear.

Last week I plugged RQM to Rational Insight.
In RQM there was onlye one project named "Project_one".

This week I uninstalled RQM and I installed it again : for doing this I cleaned the database of RQM.
In RQM I created a new project named "Project_two".
Then currently in RQM I have only one project named "Project_two".

In Rational Insight I see two projects : "Project_one" and "Project_two".
I want to clean the data in the data warehouse, run the DW jobs for RQM (currently I have no other application) to see only "Project_two" in the reports. Is it possible ?

Regards,
Raphaël

permanent link
RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | answered Jan 28 '14, 9:48 a.m.
Thank you.

If I decide to drop and recreate the database I guess I must run a setup to recreate the tables inside the database ?

Raphaël

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 28 '14, 10:01 a.m.
Hello Raphaël,

correct, the data warehouse need to be populated both from Insight and from CLM.
You can for example use the Insight setup to first populate the data warehouse and then either the CLM setup or the repotools -createWarehouse command for the CLM part.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | answered Jan 28 '14, 12:21 p.m.
I removed tables, views and schemas of the data warehouse (managed by SQL SERVER 2008).
I executed the insight setup again.
I executed the Rational Quality Manager setup again to recreate some tables in the data warehouse.

Finally it seems to work. Old data are no more displayed.

Thank you.
Raphaël

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Jan 29 '14, 6:41 a.m.

Thanks for your feedback.
Glad to hear it worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.