It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement Data being deleted after being linked to a test case

Ben Sharples (813360) | asked Feb 09 '15, 12:55 p.m.
I've just had something unusual happen in that DOORS Next seemed to delete all the attribute data from my requirements that got linked to a test case in RQM.

I had a set of requirements in a DOORS Next Module and I then added this module as the collection to my test plan.

I then created 'validated by' links from some of my test cases to requirements within the collection.

I have then found that those requirements that had been linked to test cases all the custom attribute values had been removed at exactly the same moment as I created the validated by link.

What have I done wrong?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 09 '15, 6:16 p.m.

Which version of RQM and DNG are you using? If the issue is reproducible, it could well be a defect.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Mar 03 '15, 5:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Ben, I see nothing wrong in steps you followed. And in any case custom attribute values of linked requirement should not be removed while creating link to test case. Could you provide more details to understand the issue better.
  1. Which version of RQM and DNG you are using? I have tested it with 501 and 502, found its working as expected.
  2. Could you give more details about your data, custom attribute's data type, Requirement type etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.