It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to import the rank when creating a new work item in RTC?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Sep 20 '18, 2:49 p.m.
I am using RTC 6.0.4.  Our team needs to add the same set of stories and tasks for each new integration build that they create.  Therefore, we have created a template that imports the same set of tasks and stories for each new iteration and links the tasks to the appropriate story.  We would also like to add the rank to each work item so they are ranked the same way each time.  Is there a way to add rank to the import file?

When I go to the Ranked List view of an existing plan and export it, then there is a column in the export file labeled Rank and it does include the number value of the rank that was in the Ranked List view.  When I add a column called Rank to my import file, it does not show the rank in the Ranked List view.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 21 '18, 2:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 21 '18, 2:10 a.m.

As far as I am aware, the rank of a work item is not an attribute of the work item. It is information that is defined and calculated in the planning component. There is no work item attribute to store the data. So, as far as I can tell, it can not be imported. 

Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Sep 21 '18, 9:52 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph!  I thought this might be the case, but I needed to confirm that for my customer.  Thanks for that information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.