It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to maintain a sort order of test cases within a test plan?

Kimberly Crosbie (1111) | asked Sep 14 '18, 4:52 p.m.

When I open a test plan, the test cases are listed in a particular order (call it order A). I display subgroups and sort them into a different order (call it order B). If I navigate away from the test plan, and then go back the test cases are not in order B and need to be re-sorted. This means every time I open the test plan I have to spend time sorting (and doing the same sort). Is it possible to maintain the sorting? Or is there a way to default the sorting to order B, so that I don't have to do the same sort all the time?

I'm using RQM 6.0.4 and am aware that this is not the most recent version. 

2 answers

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Sep 17 '18, 5:16 a.m.
Hi,
You may solve this problem by saving your test case sorted order as custom query for you. Follow these steps.
1. Go to Browse Test Case List view.
2. Sort ( or group them ) your test case the way you want.
3. Save this query as custom query for you.
4. Now go to Test  Plan. In Test Case section -> open the "Show Filter" icon. This would open "Filter By" panel on left side of the section view.
5. Choose your save query. This would display the test cases as per new query.

So next time, whenever you would open the test plan, you could simply choose this saved query from "Fitler By" panel.

Thanks,
Abhishek

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Sep 17 '18, 9:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In addition, the test plan's 'Test Cases Section' supports a build-in ordering for the test cases in the test plan. You can only use the test plan's build-in ordering when you're showing all test cases in the list. Thus, it's only useful with relatively small amount of test cases. Once you are in show all test cases mode, you can select a test case and use the 'Move Up' and 'Move Down' list actions to re-order the test cases. Save the test plan and the list of test cases will be in the same order whenever you open the test plan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.