It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to report Test Case Which are not run

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Nov 24 '14, 9:34 a.m.
edited Nov 24 '14, 9:36 a.m.
Hi,

We want to report on test cases which are not run.

When we open a Test Plan and look its test cases, there's a column named TER Count which gives us how many time a test case is run. But if we make a mistake and set test plan to Unassigned during execution, TER Count is not updated.

If I open Browse Test Case screen, I can see Test Case with small icons next to them. Those icons gives us clue if a test case is successfuly executed or not. But there's no column for that info. So this page also dont help.

If I go Browse->Test Case Execution Records, it only gives me executed test cases.

I know that RQM is doing all its reporting through Test Case Executions but if we haven't created a TCER for a test case we can't report if its run or not.

Hope that I was clear about my situation.

We are using RQM 4.0.6

What should we do to overcome this issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Nov 25 '14, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Canberk,

I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I understand the concept of "executing a test case", but as you mentioned, in RQM what gets executed are the TCER's, Test Case Execution Records, not the test cases by themselves. 

The report "Test Case Coverage by TCER (Live)" will show you the number of TCER's associated with a specific Test Case and their states.  One of the possible states is "Not Run", which means the TCER was created but has never been executed.  Test Cases without associated TCER's are not going to be included in the report, so that should give you a clue of missing TCER's.

If you have RRDI, you could try to create a query that lists all the Test Cases without links to TCER's.  Another option would be to submit a Request For Enhancement such that an OOTB report gets created to display this information OOTB.

Thanks,
Clara
Canberk Akduygu selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Naveen V (791759) | answered Nov 06 '15, 12:08 p.m.
Hi Clara Forero

I  created the RRDI report for Test Case  executed at lease once by link with execution results but looking the way to add Test Cases that haven't been executed yet. Could you please let me know how I can get them? If I pull all Test Cases then it will have the executed Test Cases also. How I can filter in RRDI report?

Thanks

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Nov 09 '15, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

If what you are trying to do is select all Test Cases that do not have a corresponding Execution Result record, you could make sure that when you create the query it's an outer join (the second element should have cardinality 0...n) and then you can add a filter to select all records where one of the columns in the second query is null (e.g. EXECUTION_ID IS NULL).

Thank you,
Clara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.