It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve Test Case data with OSCL

Antonio Dionisio (1715) | asked Nov 17 '16, 3:52 a.m.
I am trying to get work items and their linked test cases in order to store that data in a database. I can access work items thanks to JAVA API and I list the linked test cases as urls:

For instance in the Project Area "ZZZ" there is one work item named "YYY" that has the following test case:

https://localhost:9443/qm/oslc_qm/contexts/_ueOOYKgQEeaPaoGRbbL1BA/resources/com.ibm.rqm.planning.VersionedTestCase/_LsP4sKqLEeaPaoGRbbL1BA

Now I want to retrieve information of this test case. I was pointed in another question that I should use OSCL request since RQM doesn't have a JAVA API like RTC does. So I am digging into OSCL options and I have also download the OSCL-Workshop and their examples. I can connect to the server and authentificate to my https://localhost:9443/qm server but how could I retrieve the test case info based on the aforementioned test case url?

This is the login test based on the OSCL-Workshop example:

public static void main(String[] args) {
        //============== Code to adapt to your own configuration =============//
        String server = "https://localhost:9443/qm";        // Set the Public URI of your RTC server
        String login = "login";                                    // Set the user login
        String password = "password";                                // Set the associated password

System.out.println(">> Example02: Print out the content of the Service Providers catalog");
        System.out.println("    - Login: "+login);
        System.out.println("    - Password: "+password);

JazzFormAuthClient client = null;
        try {
            //Initialize a Jazz rootservices helper and indicate we're looking for the ChangeManagement catalog
            //RTC contains a service provider for CM and SCM, so we need to indicate our interest in CM
            JazzRootServicesHelper helper = new JazzRootServicesHelper(server, OSLCConstants.OSLC_QM_V2);

//Create a new Form Auth client with the supplied user/password
            client = helper.initFormClient(login, password);

//Try to login
            if (client.formLogin() != HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
                System.out.print(">> login failed.");
                return;
            }

//Fetch the catalog of service providers.
            ClientResponse response = client.getResource(helper.getCatalogUrl(), OSLCConstants.CT_RDF);
            ServiceProviderCatalog catalog = response.getEntity(ServiceProviderCatalog.class);

if (catalog != null) {
                for (ServiceProvider sp : catalog.getServiceProviders()) {
                    System.out.println(">> \t - "+ sp.getTitle());
                }
            }
        } catch (ClientProtocolException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (RootServicesException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (OAuthException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (URISyntaxException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (JazzAuthFailedException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (JazzAuthErrorException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            // Shutdown the HTTP connection
            if (client != null) {
                client.getHttpClient().getConnectionManager().shutdown();
            }
        }
    }

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 17 '16, 7:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 17 '16, 7:24 a.m.
You can use the RQM OSLC API or RQM Reportable REST API to CRUD/query test artifacts.  To use the OSLC API, you'll need specific headers (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmOslcQmV2Api#Headers).  I would suggest using your favorite browser plugin to issue HTTP requests (e.g. Poster/HttpRequester) to learn how to use the API before using a code example.
Antonio Dionisio selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.