It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add passed test cases to a test plan.

Reinhold Bock (111) | asked Dec 04 '20, 9:34 a.m.

Hello,

I try to define the framework for working with Quality Manager and now I try to find a proper was to add a specific typ of test cases to a test plan.
I want to add all test cases which last result was PASSED.
Within the Test Case Execution Records I can filter on the last result and if I browse all test cases I can see the last result on the icon, but how I can filter on the last test result, if I want to add test cases to a test plan?

Thanks a lot and I wish all of you a nice and healthy weekend.

Best Regards
Reinhold Bock

2 answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Dec 08 '20, 2:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Reinhold,

Currently it is not supported. As you mentioned, you can have a TCERs section added to the Test plan and query on the last result of the TCER and save the query and add only the Passed TCERs into the Test Plan.

As a workaround, 
When you mention specific type, may be, mark the status of all the passed test cases as Approved and then can add them to test plan by filtering on the status of the test case. 

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

permanent link
Reinhold Bock (111) | answered Dec 08 '20, 5:19 a.m.
Hello Krupa,

thanks for you reply.
I think your workaround is good idea, but I won't do thank with the status attribute. I want to use an additional attribute. I have created one new attribute, but if the test case is 'approved' it is not possible to change the value of that attribute, without changing the status. Is it possible to create a attribute, that is changeable without a depandancy of the status of the test case?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Reinhold Bock

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.