It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to modify description generation of a defect created within RQM test scripts?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Aug 13 '18, 9:55 a.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.3.

When I create a defect from a test script being executed, it auto-populates the defect summary with test script and test execution record information. It also auto-populates the description of the defect with the steps of the test script up to where the defect occurred. When the description is auto-populated it includes a lot of white space in between steps. (6-7 carriage returns per step). I have a request from a customer to clean it up so that a defect description is not equal to 10+ pages worth of scrolling on a long script mainly due to generated white space (some scripts have 275 steps). Is there a way to achieve this without manually formatting before and after all 275 steps every time a defect is generated from a test script?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 14 '18, 12:07 a.m.

Hi, Timothy

Unfortunately there is no feature currently to achieve what you want automatically.
There is a long discussions here in the below enhancement request(RFE)

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=68198

and you may want to add your comments there as well to urge the feature to be implemented asap.
Thanks

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.