What would cause generated requirement links to sometimes pull from the current test script step, and other times pull every requirement in a test script?
Hello,
I am using CLM 6.0.3 soon to upgrade to 6.0.6.
I am experiencing a behavior I am unsure how to correct, or even what the cause is. When you create a defect from within a test script, it links to the test plan, test case, test case result as well as the requirement that is linked to the test script step where the defect is being created. The problem I am having is sometimes the requirement links generated are specific to the step where the defect is created, and other times the requirement links generated are from the entire test script. Does anyone have any information on what would cause this or anything I may try to correct this behavior?
Accepted answer
From a quick test with 6.0.6, if the test step has requirement links, those requirements will be linked to the new defect. If the test step does not have any requirement link, the new defect will link to all requirements that are linked to the test case that is associated to the test script.