It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins - Change set with Component name via api/xml

Jörg Werner (3033781) | asked May 28 '18, 10:37 a.m.

Hello,
within a Jenkins Job I want to get more details of the change sets.
I get some information via the build url:

<build_url>/api/xml

But within the output I get no information about the components or snapshot name (see screenshot)

Is there a possibility to get these information also via api/xml?

thanks, jörg

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 29 '18, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 29 '18, 3:45 a.m.

If you can get the build result ID, I think you should be able to access all the information related to it.
If there is a snapshot you can then find it and compare it with an older one. Note that the change sets and work items shown are NOT stored in the build result. They are basically computed based on the snapshot compared to the previous snapshot. I have written about the API here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/build-artifacts-publishing-and-automated-build-output-management-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/interesting-links/ shows other relevant information in the section Build Automation

Comments
Jörg Werner commented May 29 '18, 4:58 a.m.

Thanks Ralph!

Yes, based on the Jazz APi it is possible to get all the information and may be this is the way to go and your links are a very good starting point!

But within Jenkins the data seems already be available on different pages. I just want to extract the info form Jenkins pages and send it per Email to Committers. This is working already quite well, and the question is more regarding Jenkins-Plugin. How can I access the data within Jenkins about a build.

Is it possible to get the Xml representation of the screen shot I attached?

thanks, Jörg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.