It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTS' registration of DM application fails with error CRJAZ2080E

Andrew Clement (7272473) | asked May 09 '18, 10:32 a.m.

I am using RSAD client extension for DM.
JTS and DM are installed on the same host.
After I upgraded JTS 6.0.3 iFix007a to iFix009, I can no longer register DM 6.0.2 successfully.

The reason why I don't use DM 6.0.3 is that there is no RSAD client extension for DM 6.0.3 or later.
According to https://jazz.net/downloads/design-management/releases/6.0.5, in "Install optional client extensions" section, it states "Rational Software Architect is not included in this milestone."

When I tried to register DM 6.0.2 under JTS 6.0.3 iFix009, I got CRJAZ2080E error.

I have tested the following combinations:
Registration of DM application failed:
JTS 6.0.3 iFix009 with DM 6.0.2 iFix011
JTS 6.0.3 iFix009 with DM 6.0.2 (without iFix)

Registration of DM application succeeded:
JTS 6.0.3 iFix007a with DM 6.0.2 iFix011
JTS 6.0.3 iFix007a with DM 6.0.2 (without iFix)
JTS 6.0.3 (without iFix) with DM 6.0.2 iFix011
JTS 6.0.3 (without iFix) with DM 6.0.2 (without iFix)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered May 09 '18, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The upgrade of JTS from iFix007a to iFix009 also upgraded some components used by DM.
The general idea is to separate DM and JTS so that they can be upgraded separately.

1) different hosts:
It would work, and this is quite popular scenario

2) different directories:
2a) If the same WAS profile is used it would NOT work, because WAS profile needs to define JAZZ_HOME property to point to installation folder. If installations are located in different places it would not work.

2b) Separate WAS profiles on the same machine. This should work, but different ports need to be used by this two profiles.

3) Put DM patch in a dir /conf/dm/patch so DM does not see any CLM patches and is not broken by them.

Andrew Clement selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.