It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use RPE to get execution based information related to Test Plan

Jeff Miller (525) | asked Dec 11 '17, 3:13 p.m.

I have an RPE template created which pulls all pertinent Test Plan sections (including custom sections) but am finding it difficult to get the execution results and defects as they relate to the test plan. 

After executing test for the current iteration, I need to have RPE generate a report using some of the static test plan information, coupled with the results and defects revealed by this latest execution.  I do not believe my issue is specific to the version of RPE that I am using, but I am reporting against RQM and RTC 6.0.4. 

I have tried a few different ways of jumping off from the test plan information, to no avail.  Can someone please tell me how to transform my data source from the test plan feed over to the execution results?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Dec 11 '17, 8:32 p.m.

You can refer to filtering properties in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#fields
You can try testplan -> testcase -> executionworkitem and print executionresult.

from testcase identifier, you can derive the URI for executionworkitem feed.
var pos=identifier.indexOf(/testcase/);
var configURI=identifier.substring(0,pos);
configURI=configURI + "/executionworkitem?fields=feed/entry/content/executionworkitem[testcase/@href='" + identifier + "']/*"
configURI

Jeff Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jeff Miller commented Dec 12 '17, 12:22 p.m.

Thank you for your quick and detailed response.  I interpreted your reference "executionworkitem feed" to mean that I should reference a schema based on feed.xsd.  Is that correct? ...or should I be using a details schema (based on qm.xsd) or perhaps even one based on executionworkitem.xsd?

Jeff Miller commented Dec 18 '17, 4:47 p.m.

I figured out how to make use of your suggestion, and I am now making both transitions adequately.  Had to start from a query from the testcase details feed, then use this script to configure the URI for a feed.xsd based schema.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.