It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add version tested in Test Results and link with CC

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked Jun 10 '13, 4:55 p.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 10:36 a.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Hi, 
I was wondering if exit official control for each version of software tested, I mean, I want to add a kind of custom attribute or category in test Results, but I need to do more clear which version of software the tester are using during the test, I don't want to use attribute because those are required until the end of test, and I would like to add this to the reports in BIRT, but I don't see in the tables this custom attributes or categories Example:

When the tester, test a test case, I have 3 systems with different  software versions loaded, I need include each version of software, and in my report I would like to show how many times was run for each version of each system, and show which system fails in the specific step and which version had when fail, and bring all this information in a report, is possible something like this? or just with a custom attributes ? 
if is only able with attributes, in which table I cant find custom attributes  and categories for test cases results?? Im using BIRT and Im connecting directly to db. 

Than you I appreciate your help. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 18 '13, 12:24 a.m.
In BIRT report, you can not see custom attributes in snapshot tables, but you can see category of test case result, please refer to out of the box RQM execution related BIRT report templates where existing test case result category type and name parameters.

However, we do not suggest user customize BIRT reports. The user should use RRDI to customize reports where he can see both of custom attributes and categories.
Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.