It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Post 4.0.2 upgrade tasks - removal of previous data

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Apr 30 '13, 9:57 a.m.
edited Apr 30 '13, 9:58 a.m.
Hello,

CLM-tomcat-derby

I have a box that has been upgraded from 3.0.1, 3.0.1.1, 4.0.0.0 and now 4.0.2. There's now the following directories:

C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer3011
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer4
C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer402

Now that we have been using 4.0.2...,  I have 3 questions:

1 - Can I remove the other directories? 
2 - Are there any data loss implications?
3 - Is there a difference in removing the directories if I used WAS/DB2 vs tomcat/derby?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Apr 30 '13, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Sterling

I would take a look at the properties files for the applications you are using, and see if they reference any of these older directories you mentioned. The properties files should be located in the server/conf/[appContextRoot] folders, and should be named "teamserver.properties" (for QM, CCM, and JTS, I believe), "admin.properties" for LPA, and "fronting.properties" for RM. I would look through any "*.properties" files for references to these old directories, and if they exist, I would be much more cautious about deleting these old directories.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 30 '13, 10:09 a.m.

And if you used Installation Manager, use it to remove the installed sw so that future use of IM won't include those installations.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Apr 30 '13, 2:18 p.m.

Wow,

I was not even aware of the IM uninstall of older versions. Is that documented anywhere in the help?

So, to sum up:
After checking the (CCM/QM/JTS)teamserver.properties, admin.properties and fronting.properties files for the new JazzTeamServer402 directory, I can use IM to uninstall the older versions.

Is that a correct summary?

Mike Jaworski commented Apr 30 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sterling,

Installation Manager can only be used to uninstall previous versions if it was the means used to install that version initially. Otherwise, though I'm not aware of all the potential implications of this action, you can try to remove these files manually like you suggested. I still don't know if I would suggest this action unless it's absolutely necessary, but I can't immediately think of any problems that this action could cause.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 01 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Thanks Michael and Kevin.

We have a server that is taking up 80GB of space with 3 projects...we are going to go forth with the removal...plus it's a good test of what can happen. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.