It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG RPE characters limitation for requirements description ???

Jennifer Ly (1517) | asked Dec 10 '17, 3:10 a.m.

I have a problem when trying to printout requirements description from DNG. 

I've created a RPE template to print details of the requirements with a script to filter all the ID # and requirements by "shall" from "modules" data source artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding. 

For some reasons, some of the requirements got truncated when the requirements description are longer than 256 characters. The XML also got truncated.

Is there any workaround?  Please help!

I have DNG 6.04 and RPE 2.1.1 installed in my computer.

Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Dec 10 '17, 1:34 p.m.

This is expected. dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/title returns only first 256 characters. To print the requirement completely (with formatting), you must use text data source and print dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div. You see the length limitation when you print dataSource/artifact/title (for resources or text artifact) as well.

Please refer the sample template %rpe_home%\templates\DNG\DNG_Module.dta and see how to use a text data source and configure its data source dynamically.

Jennifer Ly selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jennifer Ly commented Dec 11 '17, 6:05 p.m.

Thank you very much!

It's work perfectly well!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.