It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some formatting does not get published (or is wrong) when using RPE, unless the format is reset first on Jazz DOORS NG


Max Curzi (134) | asked Nov 21 '17, 5:18 a.m.
edited Nov 21 '17, 5:24 a.m.

Hi, 


this is a rather weird issue. I have some artifacts on DOORS NG which look more or less like this where some words are italic.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, vivamus laoreet sed est.
  • placerat donec, ut morbi fermentum rutrum
  • ante libero duis lectus vivamus ut.
Now, if I use the "Generate and print Word Document" from DOORS NG, the text is correctly formatted. 
But if I use RPE (the template was created by someone who left the company) to generate a Word document, sometimes, and only sometimes, the output does not have the same words in italic, and sometimes the font is even wrong, like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, vivamus laoreet sed est.
  • placerat donec, ut morbi fermentum rutrum
  • ante libero duis lectus vivamus ut.

Where the word "fermentum" in the second line is not italic anymore.

or this 

</pre>

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, vivamus laoreet sed est. <o:p> </o:p>

  • placerat donec, ut morbi fermentum rutrum <o:p> </o:p>
  • ante libero duis lectus vivamus ut. <o:p> </o:p>


Where some part of the text are inexplicably of a different font size. 

I managed to fix some occurrences of this issue by selecting the whole artifact, then clicking on Edit > remove format, then reapplying the desired formatting, but this does not always work, as italic words are still not italic anymore in the Word document published with RPE. If you are wondering, the issue happens regardless if the artifact has bullet points or not.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to look for (the template is not very complicated and I did not notice any part of it that deals specifically with formatting), or I wonder, maybe this is a bug?

We have tens of documents with tens of pages each that we regularly publish, so manually fixing the Word documents after they are generated is not a viable solution, unfortunately.
I'm using

Jazz
6.0.3 RDNG6.0.3-I20161028_1435

IBM RPE 2.0.0
20150506_1322

Thanks for your attention!

Max



Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 21 '17, 6:27 a.m.

Need to look into the RPE template that gives incorrect output. Which template are you using?


Max Curzi commented Nov 21 '17, 8:03 a.m.

I have some .dta files, probably developed by the previous employee, and JavaScript Snippets that help in shaping the final document compatibly with my company's document style. Each module documentation is fetched by one of the scripts and the template is then applied automatically. I don't think it's fair to share these files and have others on this forum troubleshoot my files, but on the other hand I am not familiar with  these tools so I'd like to know, what should I look for in my template? The scripts have not such a complex logic that would justify why some words will miss their formatting...

One answer



permanent link
Max Curzi (134) | answered Nov 21 '17, 5:34 a.m.
edited Nov 21 '17, 5:39 a.m.

I was trying to edit this question to fix the last example, but i get flagged for spam... anyway, the last example should look like this (I can't write text on different size for some reason here, but imagine that the text in bold is 2/3 pixels larger.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, vivamus laoreet sed est. <o:p> </o:p>

·         placerat donec, ut morbi fermentum rutrum. <o:p> </o:p>

·         ante libero duis lectus vivamus ut. <o:p> </o:p>

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.