It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Next Generation reverts artifact data back to saved data

Tiffany Pei (139523) | asked Nov 15 '17, 8:12 p.m.

I copied and pasted texts from Microsoft Word to DOORS Next Generation and created some artifacts.
I found that primary texts of some artifacts would revert back to saved primary texts after refreshing the browser.
This does not happen to all artifacts.
What is the cause and how to fix this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Nov 15 '17, 8:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have found that DOORS Next Generation is unable to process some formats from Microsoft Words.
Among those formats that DOORS Next Generation cannot process, "tracked change" is one of them.

I am able to reproduce the issue by
1) enabling tracked changes in Microsoft Words
2) making some changes without accepting the tracked change
3) copying and pasting into DOORS Next Generation                      

The solution is to accept the tracked change in Word so that the copied text will have format that DOORS Next Generation can handle.  

Here is how to do it.                                                   
1. Click on the red vertical bar                                                                                                           
2. Right mouse click on the texts that are tracked changes, and select Accept Insertion  
3. After that, you can copy and paste into DNG and refresh in DOORS Next Generation will not have problem.

It is a good idea to make sure that in the future, accept tracked changes before copying and pasting into DOORS Next Generation.     

Tiffany Pei selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.