It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to import a test case from CQ to RQM?

Jami Blizzard (1132) | asked Sep 23 '09, 8:49 a.m.
My team will be using rational quality manager for test activities for the next release of our application. Previously we used clearquest (in conjunction with rational manual tester). My question is can we export test cases (or test scripts) from clearquest or RMT and import into RQM?

5 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 25 '09, 12:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Check out the "Extras" at the bottom of this page: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0?p=allDownloads
Both migration tools can be found there to do exactly what you need.
Regards,
John

My team will be using rational quality manager for test activities for the next release of our application. Previously we used clearquest (in conjunction with rational manual tester). My question is can we export test cases (or test scripts) from clearquest or RMT and import into RQM?

permanent link
Jami Blizzard (1132) | answered Sep 28 '09, 10:45 a.m.
Thanks John. I got stuck on the "Migration Info Page" of the utility. It asked me for the RQM server and Port #...I tried the following but says "invalid repository or username/password. try again". Do you know how I would find this information?

RQM Server: igarqm01.swg.usma.ibm.com (also tried 9.32.152.27)
Port: 9443 (also tried 9444)
Username: blizzard@us.ibm.com

Also, I wasn't sure how to verify if I had the proper client access license. But I know I am subscribed to a project within RQM entitled "WWPRT".

Hello,
Check out the "Extras" at the bottom of this page: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0?p=allDownloads
Regards,
John

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 30 '09, 6:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you see the note in the "Running the manual test migration wizard" doc at step 3? Particularly:

Note: If the migration tool does not accept your credentials, you might need to add the IP address and host name of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server to the HOSTS file on the machine where Rational Manual Tester is installed. You can find the HOSTS file at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. A typical entry to the HOSTS file would be:
9.34.107.100 qwin600.ibmratltst01.com
where 9.34.107.100 is the IP of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server and qwin600.ibmratltst01.com is the host name.

To verify your CAL go to Admin->Jazz User Administration (upper left corner) but you can only access that if you're an Admin.
"Proper Client Access License" would include a normal RQM CAL, so if you can log in to RQM and create/edit an artifact (test plan, case, etc) then you are all set on the CAL front.

Regards,
John

Thanks John. I got stuck on the "Migration Info Page" of the utility. It asked me for the RQM server and Port #...I tried the following but says "invalid repository or username/password. try again". Do you know how I would find this information?

Also, I wasn't sure how to verify if I had the proper client access license. But I know I am subscribed to a project within RQM entitled "WWPRT".

Hello,
Regards,
John

permanent link
Jami Blizzard (1132) | answered Jan 05 '10, 12:39 p.m.
Just for documentation, repository information I used was as follows:

RQM server: 9.32.152.27
Port: 443

Did you see the note in the "Running the manual test migration wizard" doc at step 3? Particularly:

Note: If the migration tool does not accept your credentials, you might need to add the IP address and host name of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server to the HOSTS file on the machine where Rational Manual Tester is installed. You can find the HOSTS file at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. A typical entry to the HOSTS file would be:
9.34.107.100 qwin600.ibmratltst01.com
where 9.34.107.100 is the IP of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server and qwin600.ibmratltst01.com is the host name.

To verify your CAL go to Admin->Jazz User Administration (upper left corner) but you can only access that if you're an Admin.
"Proper Client Access License" would include a normal RQM CAL, so if you can log in to RQM and create/edit an artifact (test plan, case, etc) then you are all set on the CAL front.

Regards,
John

Hello,
Regards,
John

permanent link
Mike Yalter (11611) | answered Mar 18 '10, 10:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just for documentation, repository information I used was as follows:

RQM server: 9.32.152.27
Port: 443

Hi,
you might want to try specifying https://9.32.152.27

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.