It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I find Duplicate Test Cases in RQM

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | asked Sep 23 '15, 6:52 a.m.
How can I find Duplicate Test Cases in RQM

I am having about 9000 (Nine Thousand) Test Cases Connected to a Single Plan .

Is there any Utility available / or can any one help me on this to find the duplicate

Getting all the testcases using REST API ( like ........IntegrationService/resources/<RQM Project Name>+(Quality+Management)/testcase ) in Browser and then finding the duplicate manually is humanly impossible from 9000 test cases.

I will really appreciate a working solution on this.

Thanks & Regards

PKC

Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jörg Werner (3033781) | answered Sep 23 '15, 7:20 a.m.
Quick solution can be to export the testcases as csv file.
You can write your own script to analyze the text file or using excel.
Before exporting adapt the "change column setting" so that only the columns are shown which are relevant. (may be you want to ignore e.g. the state column)

Kind regards, joerg
PRASANTA CHAUDHURI selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 23 '15, 7:11 a.m.
Did you consider exporting to Excel and then Filter for unique values or remove duplicate values?

permanent link
PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | answered Sep 24 '15, 12:32 a.m.
Hi Jorg, Subramanya

Thanks for your reply . There is One Option in Excel "Conditional Formatting " in the Home Page  . I have used that to find the Duplicate . I was going to Data tab in Excel where I was finding only the "Remove Duplicate" .

Appreciate your Help.

But if you know how get / find the duplicate of the test cases programmatically , it will be really helpful.

Regards

PKC

Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Sep 24 '15, 1:40 a.m.
You may have to modify the RQMURLUtility java code a bit to extract all Test Cases mapped to a Test Plan. RQMURLUtility will spit XML files. Read the XML Files using java or scripting language to identify the duplicates using the duplication criteria.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.