It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make depending test arfifact categories be part of an RQM process template?

María Silvana González (50710) | asked Sep 05 '12, 2:05 p.m.
Hi everybody!
I've customized test plan categories by adding a new one called "Types of Test" which has two possible values: Functional, Structural.  At the same time, this category has a sub-category called "Functional / Structural Types of Test" which contains all the possible values.  So, depending on the value selected for "Types of Test", the sub-category shows the appropriate values.

The problem is that test artifact categories are part of the project properties but are not part of the process configuration.  If I want my changes to be included in a process template, I have to manually modify the process configuration source (XML).

Can anybody tell me how the XML code should look like in order to keep the dependent test plan categories working as expected?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Silvana

2 answers

permanent link
Sachin Patel (10123) | answered Sep 07 '12, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What you are asking for is not currently supported.  The initalization part of the project creation can only support the creation of the flat list of categories and category types, but no dependency information.  Feel free to open an enhancement.

permanent link
Sachin Patel (10123) | answered Sep 07 '12, 2:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
However there is an alternate solution.  You can use the new templatization support in 4.0 to create a project area with the configured categories and their dependencies.  You can then extract a process template that will include the category information packaged as process attachements.  When you create a new project area, the categories will be configured from these attachements not from what is defined in the project spec.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.