It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workitem into Rational Quality manager

David MICHEL (1472548) | asked Sep 07 '15, 9:02 a.m.
Hello,
  I wish upgrade one of my customer from RQM V4.X to V6.X. Into RQM V6.0, the local friend permits anymore to use workitem. Is it normal ? I think the answer is "yes" but I don't find a documentation showing it.
In V5.0.2, I know that workitem into RQM still exists. During the upgrade from v5.0.2 to V6.X, does it exist a mechanism to keep the workitem from RQM ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regard

David

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Sep 08 '15, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you referring to quality tasks or general integration with RTC?  It's not clear what is missing.

David MICHEL commented Sep 08 '15, 12:03 p.m.

In RQM 4.X and 5.X, we have the possibility to create a defect or quality task from RQM and these workitem is stored into RQM, not into RTC. I search the information that it is no longer possible.

Best regard

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Sep 08 '15, 4:08 p.m.
As of 6.0, RQM's local work item provider is no longer available (see Deprecate - stop advertising QM as a change management (workitem) provider in the root services doc (135518)).
David MICHEL selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David MICHEL commented Sep 09 '15, 10:50 a.m.

Thank for the information.
Do you know how we can proceed for an upgrade from 5.0.2 to 6.0.X ?
How workitem manage into RQM are upgraded in 6.0.X ?

Thank you
Best regards

Paul Slauenwhite commented Sep 14 '15, 1:22 p.m.

Hi David,

Existing work items are not affected when migrating to 6.0.x.  The only change was to no longer expose the RQM's local work item provider.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.