It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRTC8500E: Server Error: Failed to log in to "[My Repository URL]": Error initializing the keystore

Paul Rogers (132) | asked Aug 15 '17, 11:57 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to connect to my repository using Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate Version 11.0.61219.00 and IBM Rational Team Concert
Version: 6.0.1
Build: I6.0.1_20151106-1439

But I get the error :

CRRTC8500E: Server Error: Failed to log in to "[My Repository URL]": Error initializing the keystore

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 16 '17, 3:09 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '17, 3:15 a.m.

You may need to check the log files for more details. In the worst case, you may have to reinstall the RTC plugin. The error message basically says that the keystore cannot be initialized (probably corrupted?), which is quite rare. If you know where to look, you can try to verify the integrity of the keystore. The below document shows the path to the Java security libraries and configuration files.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc/topics/t_connectingtoarepository.html

As always, if you are still not sure how to proceed, please contact IBM Support.

Paul Rogers selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Rogers commented Aug 16 '17, 12:06 p.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled and reinstalled the RTC plugin and I can now connect to my repository.

Thanks,

Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.